Monday, May 7, 2012

Good Night, Endeavour.

Today marks the last day that the space shuttle Endeavour will ever be turned on.  As she is the last of the shuttles to make her way home, she is the last to have power running to her cockpit.  After today, she will fly from the Kennedy Space Center to a Los Angeles Science Center.

I'm so sad to see the end of the shuttle program.  It was always my dream to work in Mission Control (but never be an astronaut myself).  I settled with watching a shuttle launch in Florida, but alas, even that was not in the cards for me.  With my biochemistry background and current cancer research experience, chances are slim that I'll ever work for my dream organization of NASA, but I do thank them for inspiring me to become the scientist I am today.


Article link: http://www.scientificamerican.com/gallery_directory.cfm?photo_id=FE86140A-C7EE-7869-3CFFE8C6AF2B7E91

Here's a picture of Endeavour's cockpit.  It's simply beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment